- Conservation & Restoration
- Leisure & Hotels
- Public Buildings
|Client:||Mark Edwin Andrews/Shannon Development|
|Services Provided:||Full Civil and Structural Engineering|
Mark Edwin Andrews/Shannon DevelopmentKnappogue Castle is a medieval tower house, built in 1467, located in County Clare, Ireland. Knappogue Castle has had many owners, since the late 1400s, each of whom left behind a long and varied history. As a result, the castle has been subject to numerous extensions and restorations over the years.
In 1966, the castle and its lands were purchased by Mark Edwin Andrews. In collaboration with Shannon Development, Andrews carried out an extensive restoration. Garland provided a range of engineering services on this sensitive restoration project. Their work returned the castle to its former 15th century state while encompassing and retaining later additions that chronicle the continuous occupation of the Castle.
The Andrews were the last occupants of the castle. Shannon Development purchased the castle in 1996.