- Conservation & Restoration
- Leisure & Hotels
- Public Buildings
Raheen Business Park
|Project:||Raheen Business Park, Limerick|
|Client:||Shannon Free Airport Development Co. Ltd.|
|Project Value:||€100.0m +|
|Services Provided:||Preparation of overall master plan, detailed engineering designs, geotechnical investigation, environmental impact study, cost estimates, tender documentation, procurement, tender evaluation, project management, site supervision and certification.|
Garland was appointed by Shannon Development in the late 1968 to oversee the Master Planning, detailed design and project management in respect of the phased development of an 110ha Industrial and Business Park at Raheen on the outskirts of Limerick City. A number of Advance Factory units were planned and constructed in the early 1970’s to attract international firms. The industrial units were designed so that a 100% to 300% expansion could be achieved, if required.
The buildings featured a two storey section to the front which incorporated a first floor office area whilst the main production area to the rear was of single storey construction. Access to the office area was from a stair block to the front of the buildings. The stair block also housed the main water storage tanks. Natural light was provided to the production area through the use of north light trusses whilst the roof to the office area was a “flat” roof. Each unit had a walled yard space, had ample car parking and had access to the estate road network.
Garland were involved in the further expansion of the Park (90ha) and were responsible for the design, procurement, project management and site supervision of essentially the entire park site infrastructure and also provided civil and structural engineering services to architects on many of the park buildings. Today the industrial park houses a number of well-known international firms including Stryker, Analog Devices, Wilo Pumps, and Dell Computers.
Description of actual services provided by us:
- Topographical survey including site investigations, preliminary and detailed designs and cost estimates for site infrastructure
- Geotechnical appraisals
- Hydrological Studies
- Project Management
- Planning and design of “advance” industrial units and site infrastructure
- Liaison with Local Authority and Utility Companies
- Civil and structural engineering designs, drawings and tender documentation for industrial buildings
- Procurement, Project Management, Client Liaison, Site Inspections and Cost Control
- Approval of Shop Drawings, Assessment of Contractor Claims, Certification of Payments and Completed Works