Since 1937 Garland have been a recognised leader in civil and structural engineering, safety and health, project management and economic development services. Our multi-faceted and international experience allows for the cross industry exchange of ideas and solutions to suit the needs of your case.
We have designed and evaluated more than 20,000 buildings, and are an industry leader in construction safety management. Our specialist divisions provide an integrated and comprehensive range of services required to address the unique challenges currently faced by the legal and financial professions.
Garland have provided legal and financial services in numerous cases ranging from District Court to High Court proceedings. Our experience in this sector ensures that we communicate all relevant details in an authoritative, concise and clear manner.
Scope of Available Services:
- Establishment of brief and procurement of design and construction services
- Project management of developments and assembly of multidisciplinary design teams
- Third party monitoring of properties adjacent to construction sites
- Preparation of Independent due diligence reports on development projects for Investors or financial Institutions
- Independent monitoring of the Construction of Development Projects on behalf of investors of financial institutions
- Independent monitoring of tenant fit-out works on behalf of landlords
- Preparation of development feasibility reports on potential development sites or properties to allow early identification of abnormal costs
- Civil and structural engineering of developments across a wide ranging spectrum of sectors incl. residential, commercial, industrial pharmaceutical
- Condition and dilapidation surveys at the commencement and termination of commercial leases
- Site characterisation surveys (in accordance with E.P.A. requirements) for the analysis of suitable and sustainable drainage and waste treatment systems pre and post planning
- Technical assistance to loss assessors in the preparation of Insurance Claims and the implementation and contract administration of remedial works
- Expert witness and forensic assistance to a wide range of legal cases including professional indemnity, accidents and disputes
- Mapping and boundary issues
- Experienced in pyrites issues
- The Garland Safety Management team is a leading specialist in Construction Health and Safety Management. Through early involvement with buyers of commercial properties and sites we can provide necessary training and guidance to the buyer in fulfilling their increased duties and responsibilities as “Client” under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Regulations 2006-2010
- Project Supervisor Design Process
- Health and Safety Audits
- Health and Safety Training
- Risk assessments and safety statements
- Expert witness